These days are so much a blur lately. I go from appointment to appointment, from decision to decision all day long, every day and between the appointments and decisions I care for my little one's. Even though these days are challenging I try to find hope and light in each one of them. A friend gave me a bracelet last week. It has 22 beads. Each bead represents something I am thankful for everyday. Even though these days are challenging I find it easy to find 22 things I am thankful for everyday.
Today I am thankful for:
- The time I have with each of my kids everyday.
- Living in the beautiful desert.
- 70 degree weather in February.
- My husband being so in love with my kids.
- Having fresh, organic produce to cook up for my children to eat.
- Being able to eat a delicious meal with my family every night.
- For my mom and her amazing ability to help.
- For all our therapists.
- For Soliz' insurance.
- For Soliz' g-tube.
- I am so thankful that Soliz weighs 19 pounds (he gained 5 pounds in one year! on an amazing "blended diet" that I prepare for him daily).
- The blended diet and knowledge of the importance of nutrition in our lives.
- Friends who are not scared to SEE my world.
- Desert lupine growing in my front yard.
- The doggies and cows and horses that live down the block.
- Foundation for Blind Children.
- The bells that I can hear from my house every night.
- A warm bed to sleep in.
- My kids health.
- My own health.
- Soliz' smile.
I could go on. And this feels good as there are moments in the day that I forget. It is so important to remember. Can you think of 22 things you are thankful for?