Wednesday, November 9, 2011

HOME

There sure is nothing like bein' home.  My kids next to me cuddling in bed.  Even though I can not lift them up (for up to 6 weeks), I can read to them, and lie with them, and caress their hands and sing to
them.  I longed for these moments while we were separated.  Just to be home, hearing my kids screeching out of delight, everyone eating in the kitchen, the smell of coffee brewing and tortillas warming on the comal.  The simple pleasures that we so easily forget.  My recovery will happen much quicker now that we are all back together.

2 comments:

tia hil said...

That must have been so hard to be away from home. I am so glad that you are back home, it must be a huge relief for the kids and Andre too! Xoxox

Amy said...

Happy you are home. My thoughts are with you in your recovery. xo